Evans won’t seek Woolsey seat in Congress

Noreen Evans

By DEREK MOORE

State Sen. Noreen Evans said Wednesday that she will not run for Congress, ending speculation that she would seek to replace Lynn Woolsey, who announced in June that she is retiring after 20 years on Capitol Hill.

Evans, D—Santa Rosa, said in a statement that it was an “honor to even be considered for a such a prestigious position.”

Evans said there “is much work to be done” in the second Senate district and that she “can contribute greatly to the solutions needed.”

A spokeswoman said Evans was on the road Wednesday and unavailable to comment about her decision.

The field to replace Woolsey, whose term ends in 2012, includes state Assemblyman Jared Huffman, D-San Rafael, Marin County political activist Norman Solomon and Marin County Supervisor Susan Adams.

Petaluma City Councilwoman Tiffany Renee has formed an exploratory committee to run for the North Bay congressional seat, depending on how it is shaped during redistricting.

7 Responses to “Evans won’t seek Woolsey seat in Congress”

1. Yourmamma says:

What Evans and the PD didn’t tell you was the redistricting commission decided to put Evans in Thompson’s district at their hearing on the 18th and 19th. Then, Evans announced she wasn’t interested within 24 hrs.

Take a look at what happened to Allen in the new map. It’s even better.

2. ODB414 says:

I’d take Evans over Renee any day, but I think it’s a pretty foregone conclusion that it’s going to be Huffman.

3. Dogs Rule says:

I wanted to pay for her car! And phone! And meals! And trips – I guess I will just have to pay taxes for another outrage and get over it.

4. Josh Stevens says:

DARN!

I was SO looking forward to Ms. Evans unique brand of detached condescension and sniveling about her travel expenses.

5. Another Outrage says:

I guess she took a look at the car allowance and travel allowance and decided not to take the upgrade. Sonoma County saved again!

6. DeeDee says:

So disappointed. Who can be better suited to carry on the Legacy of Rep. Woolsey than Ms Evan?

7. Mr. Obvious says:

GOOD!! As if she had a chance of winning anyway. I’d like to think we are finally done with her. Unfortunately I’m sure she will still surface somewhere feeding at the government trough.